Friday, January 2, 2009

Killing the Chickens



We had the experience of killing some chickens and de-feathering them.  What an experience.  I don't think Harrison and Caroline cared for it so much but Jaxson, along with his father was all over killing the chickens and putting them in the hot boiling water.  I finally told Seth to make sure he killed the chicken on the first try instead of 4 or 5 .  He is using a machete to cut their heads off. It is so mean the things we do to animals for food.  I know these chickens will taste tons better than the ones we buy at the store and that is what we told the kids, they had a hard time believing us but we finally got through to them.  This living on the farm has truly taught are children a lot of things, I think some things could have waited a few years but what do you do.  We can say they are got some very interesting education this last past year. LOL  It is so cruel 

5 comments:

Brady and Kayla said...

Omg! Are you for real! There is farming and then there is torture to not the chickens but your children!!! LOL Get the hell out of there and just come back home!!! I will buy you all the chicken you want!! HA HA HA! Holy cow! That is a crazy story!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

hello~ I'm with Kayla!!! lol!

Mandy said...

Where the hell do yall think the chicken you eat comes from. Do yall think they just die naturally, and then the chicken farms clean them and send them to the stores. Hell at-least I killed them quick and painlessly, with one swing of the machete, and heads were rolling. Have you ever seen a chicken with their head cut off running and jumping around? Out hear on the farm it is great entertainment. Brady would have had a great time helping me with the executioner duties. I wont tell you how cruel they do it on the chicken farms, if you want to know just go to one of the Tyson processing plants in Salina, or Fountain Green. It pretty hard core. Any how I dont know why in the hell I just got off on that whole chicken killing rant. Love yall, take care Coach G.

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.